Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Inexplicable Panic

I had my first panic attack this weekend. I don't think it was a full-blown panic attack, but it came on suddenly and fully equipped with nausea, heart pounding out of my chest, sweating, and anxiety.

I can't pinpoint what precipitated it, or even what made it go away (although AK did help significantly just by talking me through it, and somewhat distracting me). It's a pretty scary feeling to be panicked and not know why or how to "fix" it.

And I had been having such a wonderful weekend. Afterward, I spend a significant amount of time angry at myself for letting a panic attack ruin a perfectly good time (although it's not like I had much control over it, but that didn't stop me from being annoyed).

I wish this was getting easier and not harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment