Monday, September 27, 2010

Bad, Bad Dreams

I don't usually dream, or at least I seldom remember any dreams if I have them; even when I do remember, I'm not usually one for bad dreams, although I have the occasional nightmare.

Lately, I've been having a lot of really bad dreams, most of which involve losing someone I love in one way or another.

Ever since I lost my brother, I carry around an intense fear of losing someone else I love. I worry about it a lot, and I suppose that's carried over into my subconscious. I can't decide which is better--not being able to sleep, or having fitful and restless sleep full of nightmares.

Kind of damned if I do, and damned if I don't. I wish this was getting easier and not harder.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rella, I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. I often suffered the same horrible choice between tormented sleep or none at all after my dad died. While, as I'm sure you know, the pain of loss never goes away, it does soften with time; I hope this restlessness will also dim as it has for me. So I fondly wish you goodnight and my deepest sympathy in your family's time of grief.

    --Trina Ross

    ReplyDelete