Monday, June 20, 2011

No Words

Today I woke up feeling like crying. I'm not really sure what it is about the rain, but some days it makes me terribly sad.

A friend reached out to me last week to ask if I would speak to a friend of their's who just lost her brother to suicide. I emailed the person, but after a year I still struggle to find the words that will bring me comfort. Because there are no words.

Nothing can bring back a loved one lost to suicide, and there are truly no words of comfort to offer (at least, none that I have found). Not "it gets better" or "it gets easier" or "you're so strong" or "I'm sure he knew you loved him" or any of the things people think will be comforting but are not. Words can't heal the little hole inside you. I don't know what can.

No comments:

Post a Comment